Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Make your own Doll house, customize almost every detail

Do It Yourself


You will need: 
*All of these supplies were purchased at Michaels Craft Store*

A Doll house (Mine was purchased at Michaels Craft Store for near $30)
(You can even remodel an old doll house you already have)
Glue Gun/sticks
Felt (many colors are available)
Scrapbook paper of your choice (This paper will be used as wallpaper for the rooms)
PAINT for the outside of house (OPTIONAL)

How: 
I had to paint the outside of this doll house, and used a cream color, let dry. 

I start with the wall paper and cut it to fit the first room I intend to work on. 
I start gluing in the top corner, adding glue as I work my way down to the other corner. Pressing out bumps as I go along. 

I then take the felt and use it as carpet along the floor, applying it in the same manor as the wallpaper. 

At Michaels they also have a small amount of small furniture, that you can paint to match. I purchased mine for $1.00 a piece. 

The couch I made out of an old small cardboard box that I covered with felt, and made white cushions with a fur fabric. 

The neat thing about these doll houses, and making it yourself is that you can pass it down in your family. It's fairly inexpensive. If you are on a budget, you can use old household scraps, or you could start off by buying the doll house, later getting the paint, and buying things for one room at a time, making this project last a longer time, and finishing it as you can afford to. 

I would be happy to create one of these for you for the $50.00 customized to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment